Steel 4 Structures recognises the importance of occupational health, safety and welfare in the successful operation of the company's activities.
This statement is a declaration of the Managing Director intent to establish a safe and healthy environment for all of the company's undertaking. Steel 4 Structures will strive to:
- Maintain high standards of site safety.
- Eliminate injuries and ill-health at work.
- Prevent incidents, but nevertheless maintain effective emergency arrangements.
- Learn the lessons from events, implement corrective actions and seek out and use good practices wherever we may find them;
- Ensure that our activities, products and services are in compliance with applicable legislation and meet the requirements of good practice and applicable standards of health and safety performance.
In doing this we will:
- Consult our employees on health and safety matters of mutual interest.
- Listen to and respond to our customers, suppliers and neighbours.
- Work with our regulators, the rest of our industry and contractors to raise health and safety standards;
- Inform, instruct, train and develop the people who work for us and ensure that the competent health and safety advice is available;
- Audit the management system which flows from this policy and set and review health and safety objectives and targets, working within a quality framework;
- Maintain high standards in the conduct of our operations, in particular by ensuring that they are adequately resourced and carried out by suitably qualified and experienced people at all times.